Sunday, September 13, 2009

Parkers first day of School

What an exciting week it has been at the Glenn house. School time is finally here and not a moment too soon. Parker is so excited to have arrived at the big times-otherwise known as Kindergarten. He has been looking forward to this day all summer long. It was a long wait considering he was ready to start as soon as preschool was over last year. I spent most of the summer counting and recounting the days until school would begin. Thank goodness the big day finally arrived. After a morning of great anticipation the bus finally arrived and he was off for his first day of fun. When the bus pulled up to the house he was so excited he didn't even look back to say goodbye-it was not a great comfort to his mother who had the usual first day of school tears. As he arrived home on the bus he had a smile on his face as he walked to the front door. Then it all fell apart. He started crying and proceeded to tell me how horrible his day was. Not because of bullies, or anxious nerves but because his out of touch mother forgot to pack him a snack on the very first day of school. He was devastated and so was I. I tried to explain that because they have a shorter day on Wednesdays that the teacher had told us not to pack a snack on those days. But to no avail his heart was still broken. Some other kids moms had packed snacks and he had none. He then told me "mom I thought you didn't love me because you didn't pack me a snack." My heart sank and the tears from that morning came flooding back. So next Wednesday I may just pack him a snack and ask forgiveness from the teacher later. I dont know if I can see his little heart broken like that again.



A very jealous sister waits for the bus with her big brother.

Quotable Quote: On the first day of school.

Parker: Nana, I really need to find a girlfriend at school today.

Nana: What! Girls are icky, why do you want a girlfriend.

Parker: Because they are beautiful and I love them.

Nana: (snickering) Well good luck, I hope you find one.

I think I am in trouble!

No comments:

Post a Comment