Saturday, October 3, 2009

Beautiful Baby

I love sleeping babies! I love their little twitches and noises and watching their little chest rise and fall reassuring me that everything is all right. There is something so magical that begs me to sit and hold them long after they have drifted into sleep. I love to smell their sweet baby scent and to feel their little fingers wrap softly around mine. I am truly blessed and thank Heavenly Father each day for the new addition to our family. I find myself enjoying and savoring each small moment with Autumn much more than I did with my others. Maybe my heart has been changed as I have grown as a mother or maybe I just got a big dose of reality, but either way I am loving it. They grow up much too fast and if you blink you might just miss the most precious moments of all. So here are a few things I have learned as a mother :
1. enjoy the little cry of a newborn because it will only get bigger
2. sleepless nights will pass (although you should never have to enjoy this)
3. those little smiles they give as a newborn-their not gas! I dont care what the doctors say I prefer to think that they are seeing something celestial.
4. take time to just sit and hold them-someday you will be wishing that they would let you

No comments:

Post a Comment