Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Me and my Insanity!!!

Sometimes I feel like I live at the circus.

Why do you ask-well let me tell you. This is a story much like countless other mothers with small children-or really any children for that matter. To begin all of the kids have been sick for the past two weeks. In and of itself that is enough to make you insane. But oh no it gets much better than that. Inbetween a 104 fever and coughing attacks Parker decides that he is going to cook some eggs for himself. I came downstairs to find a plastic bowl on top of the stove with water and two eggs in it, and the oven turned on. I kindly asked him what he was doing and he explained that he wanted to make some "scrambled eggs" (he really meant hard boiled eggs). I told him that he needed to use a pot and turn on the burner instead of the stove-although thankfully he hadnt known that before or I would have had a nice melted plastic bowl on my stovetop. He insisted that he might perish without eggs so I proceeded to put the eggs and water in a pot and cook them. While the eggs cooked I went upstairs to get dressed for a meeting. The house was quiet until from downstairs I heard a blood curdling scream from Parker. I knew it must be serious because the Halloween goblins will not be around for at least 2 more weeks. I ran downstairs to find Parker howling for all he was worth as he showed me his poor little burnt fingers he acquired when he touched the hot stove. As soon as I got him calmed down and ice on his fingers I heard more crying from the next room and I went to find that Abrianna had peed her pants and was completely soaked. So upstairs she went into the bathtub while I cleaned the carpets. Mind you I still have a baby screaming and a little boy with burnt fingers certain that he will die at any moment.

Then yesterday as I was getting out of the shower someone rang our doorbell. I told the kids not to answer it because I wasnt dressed. I peeked out the window and saw that it was a family friend so I threw on a robe and went to the door. (mind you I am soaking and my wet hair is dripping all over the floor) She comes in and as we are talking Parker runs into the kitchen and smack-- lands face first on the floor. Blood is everywhere and he is screaming in pain. Talk about feel terrible my wet hair caused a mishap for my poor boy who still has burnt fingers and who already smacked his face on the bench at church on sunday from a rousing head, shoulders, knees and toes-led by none else than me, his own mother. I am pretty sure that I am bad luck for him!!! So I had to wake the girls up from their nap and load everyone into the car to go up to the office so Randall could look at his tooth. The x-ray showed that one of his front teeth is jammed sideways up in his gums and the other one is loose. Good thing he already had school pictures. Although in the family christmas picture he may be sporting a toothless smile.

And to top it all off yesterday I noticed that Abrianna had a mysterious tuft on the top of her head. Much like a 3 year old who gave herself a haircut. I didnt think much of it until I was in the shower this morning and I noticed some extremely long hairs on my razor!!! Now I can let my leg hair grow pretty long-but even that was pushing it for me. Ahh, is there no rest for the weary. Oh well-I guess it just comes with being a mother. I really wouldnt trade any of the craziness, because it does keep life interesting, although sometimes Icould stand to run away for a couple of days. So what joys await me in my journey of motherhood tomorrow-not sure- maybe i'll just go join the circus!!

No comments:

Post a Comment