Monday, March 22, 2010

Words of Love

Beautiful words of love spoken by my 6 year old on Sunday as I was making him run around the church building in the rain.

I hate you mom.
You are the worst mom ever.
I dont want to see you ever again.

I know these may not sound like words of love to some, but to me they mean that I must be doing something right. Life is so hard when you are a kid.
I was then informed when we arrived home that he would be packing his bags and leaving our family, because he didnt like me telling him what he could and could not do. So I helped him formulate his plan. He decided that he would take all of the money out of his piggy bank and buy a ticket to somewhere far away. I asked him where he would sleep, and he informed me that he would sleep on the ground in his sleeping bag. I then asked him what he would eat. He decided that restaurants are too expensive(I have trained him well), and so he concluded that he would pack some snacks. I told him that I would really prefer that he would stay with our family, that I would really miss him, but it was his decision. I then offered him a cinnamon roll to fill his tummy before his adventure, and reminded him that if he left there would be no more warm cinnamon rolls to fill his empty stomach. That was the clincher. He decided that he would miss warm yummy treats from home, and ran off to play outside, and I didnt hear another word.

1 comment:

  1. My girls are always talking about what Parker did at school that day...what a bright kiddo you have!

    I think we all have had days like the experience you had above. I think your kiddos are adorable still...I saw your blog on Jessica's. Brandon got me into blogging several years ago and I love it.

    babkm5.blogspot.com

    this is our family blog if you are interested. Just a peek into our crazy life.

    ReplyDelete