Thursday, September 16, 2010

1st day of School


It's that time of year again .
Back to School, and can I say thank goodness. This is my first year of an all 'dayer' and... (I hope this isnt too terrible to admit) I'm loving it. I did have a few tears in my eyes that first day but none since. Parker is absolutely loving the 1st grade. Mostly because he gets to have 2 recesses and eat lunch at school. He had his very first Hot lunch last week-and he was ecstatic. When he got home I asked him what he chose-his reply: "well mom I had chicken nuggets, but i did choose the regular milk, because I wanted to be healthy."

Parker is in a 1/2 grade blend this year which I anticipate will work very well for him. He is above grade level in most areas especially in reading and comprehension. We are so proud of him and cant wait to see how he progresses this year.

Waiting for the bus.

Abrianna also started Preschool this week and is of course, loving it. She is attending Zoar Lutheran again, and has the same teachers and exact same class as last year. She has moved to Monday, Wednesday, Friday, mornings which works out great. It gives me a really nice break during the week. Once I get Parker on the bus and drop Abrianna off, I have 2 1/2 hours to run errands or clean house with only Autumn at my side.

Life is so good.

1 comment:

  1. That is great that Parker is enjoying his class. Madison has the same issue with being alittle above the rest. I thought you were looking into home-schooling, I guess you decieded not too.

    ReplyDelete