Thursday, January 7, 2010

Wouldn't it be nice!

Wouldnt it be nice if we could solve all of our problems with chocolate?

Extremely sleep deprived-chocolate
Havn't cleaned the bathroom in 2 weeks-chocolate
Fighting kids-chocolate
No dinner prepared-chocolate
Really bad hair-chocolate
World Peace-chocolate (although preferably from the Swiss)

And Parkers lastest:
Can't possibly finish my homework-chocolate.
This was his latest scheme after we argued for several hours about writing his letters for school. We had gone back and forth much longer than was needful until I was finally out of ideas to encourage and even coerce him into cooperating. I finally decided to make him go outside until he cooled down enough to reason with or he turned into a popsicle, whichever happened first. (I really thought the latter might actually happen.) After about 10 minutes he comes in and tells me, " Mom, I have a great idea. I think if I have a little bit of chocolate I will feel better and be able to finish my homework." Where did that come from? However at that point I really didnt care, so I consented to a piece of leftover christmas candy. He sat down smiling, ate the candy and didnt speak another word. A few minutes later the entire paper was finished without any further arguing.
I have to hand it to the kid. He can be pretty creative at times. Ah, to be a kid again when chocolate really can solve most of your problems.
So next time I am having a really bad day or a difficult time with something I think I will just sit down and have myself a good piece of chocolate.

No comments:

Post a Comment