Thursday, February 18, 2010

It must be spring

I dont care if the groundhog saw his shadow, at my house it's spring. I have a much better, although slightly more annoying, gauge of the seasons arrival. Long before I can see the flowers bloom and feel the warmth of the sun, I HEAR springs long awaited advent. It isnt the glorious song of a blue bird, or the soft breeze blowing through the trees, its FROGS. And the sound really isnt pretty, and its quite loud-no actually, it's extremely loud. And they are the worst at night. They seem to sense the exact time I lay my head on my pillow after a long day anxious for some R&R and some peace and quiet. As if listening to my groaning kids all day wasnt enough, I get to listen to croaking mating frogs all night for the next several months. I am actually tempted to put bleach in our ponds this year. I know it seems so inhumane, but after several MONTHS of croaking frogs all night, you would do the same. So as grateful as I am for the arrival of spring-I could really do without the frogs.

1 comment:

  1. I so feel your pain. We have a cat that meows all night long. How do they know exactly when your head hits the pillow anyway?

    ReplyDelete